The exam itself will be on Sakai. Most of the questions will use the short-answer format. Git will not be on the exam; specific advanced Linux kernel features will also not be on the exam.
1. Be familiar with the basic licenses:
2. Be familiar with the basic history of open source, including the following:
3. Be familiar with the Cathedral model versus the Bazaar model for open-source development
4. Be familiar with in favor of both the advantages and potential disadvantages of open-source from a security perspective.
5. Suppose a serious security bug is discovered in an open-source project. How should the developers handle this? What problem can arise if this is discussed on the project's mailing list?
6. Be familiar with: